Anxiety tends to vary between each individual case, but there are a few basic types of anxiety disorders most cases can be identified as:
Innovative New Treatment for Anxiety
Occasional feelings of anxiety and panic are a natural part of everyday life, but those with a diagnosed anxiety disorder feel it much more persistently. Anxiety disorders are thought to affect up to 40 million adults every year. Unfortunately, not even 40% of those cases are getting treatment for their anxiety. Anxiety may not be able to be “cured” with treatment in most cases, but the symptoms can be managed with treatment and relief can be provided.
Ketamine for Anxiety
Ketamine, first developed and approved by the FDA as an anesthetic, is a promising new innovation in the field of anxiety treatment. While you may know it as the club drug often abused as Special K, Ketamine Treatment is what some doctors are calling the biggest breakthrough in depression and anxiety treatment in decades. When infused at a low dose into the bloodstream, research shows that Ketamine may be up to 80% effective at providing relief for anxiety disorder symptoms.
The Different Types of Anxiety Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): Characterized by consistent worry, anxiety, and tension, even if there is nothing to bring it on.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): Characterized by recurrent intrusive thoughts (known as obsessions) and repetitive behaviors (known as compulsions). These compulsions, sometimes called rituals, are performed in an attempt to prevent these obsessive thoughts or make them subside. The compulsions typically only offer temporary relief, however, and can further contribute to anxiety.
- Panic Disorder: Characterized by repeated episodes of intense fear that bring on physical symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, dizziness, or abdominal distress.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Brought on after experiencing or witnessing a life-threatening or traumatic event.
- Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia): Characterized by intense anxiety and self-consciousness in everyday social situations. It may be limited to only public speaking, but some people may experience symptoms whenever they are around other people.
- Agoraphobia: Characterized by avoidance of places or situations that trigger feelings of anxiety or panic.
People with high stress or childhood trauma may be more likely to develop an anxiety disorder, as well as people with a family history of anxiety or other mental health disorders. Anxiety disorders can bring a higher risk of developing depression or heart disease, and some may turn to substance abuse to try to alleviate the symptoms of their disorder.
Find the Answer
Ketamine is a synthetic medicine that has primarily been used as an anesthetic agent in humans and animals for over 50 years. It is one of the most commonly used anesthetic agents in the world, because of its unique properties that make it incredibly safe to administer.
Ketamine binds to NMDA receptors, and creates a glutamate surge, releasing growth factors that help make new synaptic connections in your brain. This paves the way for healthier thought patterns and increases your resilience to chronic stress.
The literature for depression shows a 70% success rate. Individual clinics have seen higher rates, because they have seen increased efficacy with increased dosing.
The low doses used for depression are in the empathogenic "heart opening" psychedelic dose range. People report feelings of love, peace, compassion, forgiveness, and a touch of euphoria.
Ketamine will not be provided to individuals with schizophrenia, psychosis, or certain seizure disorders. Those taking aminophylline for asthma or COPD should not undergo ketamine infusions. If you have serious medical problems like uncontrolled high blood pressure, cardiac disease, or pulmonary problems, a clearance will be requested from your primary care physician before undergoing treatment.
Schedule a free consultation to learn more
If you would like to learn more about our ketamine infusions for anxiety treatment, contact us today and request your consultation.